How Air Purifiers clean the air we breathe
The science of how electrostatic air purification works:
LakeAir electronic air cleaners attract and retain airborne pollutants like a powerful magnet. As air is pulled through the air cleaner, larger particles are trapped by a pre-filter screen. Smaller particles pass through and become electrically charged. The charged particles are then trapped in the electronic filter and attracted to a series of grounded plates. The pollutants are held in the filter cell until washed away during the cleaning process.
LakeAir Media and HEPA air cleaners confine airborne pollutants like a powerful trap. As air is pulled through the air cleaner particles are trapped by the media or HEPA filter. These filters should be replaced approximately every three months to have maximum efficiency and avoid damage to the motor.
These two processes remove up to 99.97% of airborne allergens and pollutants including pollen, dust and dust mites, bacteria, pet dander, mold spores and smoke.
Benefits to using a LakeAir air cleaner in your home or workplace:
- Fewer allergic reactions to pollen, dust mites and pet dander
- Fewer respiratory infections due to airborne bacteria
- Fewer illnesses due to airborne mold spores
- Reduced exposure to first and second-hand smoke
- Reduced frequent dusting
- Reduced discoloration of walls and furniture due to smoke
- Reduced chemical concentration from cleaning products and paint fumes
- Reduced odors from cooking, animals and other sources using carbon after filters