The EPA describes Volatile Organic Compounds as chemicals that evaporate at room temperature. VOCs come from a wide array of products used in home. VoCs occur naturally as well. Home products that emit VOCs include paints, nail polish, cleaning supplies, air fresheners, pesticides, building materials and even furnishings. VOCs are released from products into the home during use and while stored. VOCs also come from nature. Radon and formaldehyde and other harmful gasses seep into our homes for the ground. According to the EPA, VOCs cause eye, nose and throat irritation. They cause frequent headaches, nausea. Worst of all they can damage the liver, kidney and central nervous system.